Autel MaxiBAS BT506 enables technicians to do View the health status of your car’s battery and electrical system, It operates a free and easy-to-use mobile app available for iOS and Android Android devices. Together with BT506, this application can complete the battery Initiate and ship system tests and view test results.
Autel MaxiBAS BT506 Battery and electrical system test
BT506 is a battery and electrical system analyzer tool that uses Adaptive Plugging in, an advanced method for analyzing the battery to produce more Strictly checking battery cold cycling capacity and reserve capacity, It is necessary to determine the true health of the battery. The BT506 enables technicians to do just that View the health status of your car’s battery and electrical system. Download Battery Test is a free and easy-to-use mobile app available for iOS and Android devices. Together with BT506, this application can complete the battery Initiate and ship system tests and view test results.
Autel MaxiBAS BT506 battery Tester
Autel MaxiBAS BT506 battery Tester Function Description
1. Power Button
2. Status LED
3. Power LED
4. USB Port
5. Battery Clamp Cable
Autel MaxiBAS BT506 battery Tester LED Description
The tester is communicating via USB cable.
The tester is communicating via Bluetooth.
Battery clamps are connected to the wrong battery terminals.
- Solid Green: The tester is powered on and the battery is sufficiently charged.
- Flashing Green: The tester is charging. (Becomes solid green when battery is fully charged.)
- Red: The battery level is low. Please charge.
- Solid Red: The device is in boot mode.
Autel MaxiBAS BT506 battery Tester Power Sources
The BT506 tester can receive power from the following sources:
1. Internal Battery Pack The BT506 can be powered with the internal rechargeable battery.
2. AC/DC Power Supply — Using Power Adapter The tester can be powered from an electrical outlet using the AC/DC power adapter. The AC/DC power supply also charges the internal battery pack.
Do not charge the battery when the temperature is below 0°C (32°F) or above 45°C (113°F).
Autel MaxiBAS BT506 battery Tester Technical Specifications
|USB 2.0, Type C
|5 V DC
|< 150 mA at 12 V DC
|3.7 V / 800 mAh Lithium-ion Polymer battery
|100 to 2000 A
|1.5 to 16 V
|–10° C to 50° C (14° F to 122° F)
|–20° C to 60° C (–4° F to 140° F)
|(L x W x H) 107 mm (4.21’’) x 75 mm (2.95”) x 26 mm (1.02”) (clamp cable not included)
|320 g (0.7 lb.)
Autel MaxiBAS BT506 battery Tester Getting Started
Ensure that the unit is sufficiently charged before use.
1. The images and illustrations depicted in this manual may differ slightly from the actual ones in your use scenario. The user interfaces for iOS & Android devices might be slightly different. This manual uses the user interface for Android devices as an example.
2. The Battery Test app is compatible with 64-bit devices only.
3. The BT506 tester can be used with a compatible Autel tablet. Your tablet’s software may need to be updated for the app to display.
Autel MaxiBAS BT506 battery Tester Teste rPower Up
1. Download and install app on your mobile device Search for Battery Test in Google Play or the Apple App Store to download and install the app to your device. Alternatively, you can scan the QR code below to be directed to the Battery Test app download. On an Android device, you will be directed to Google Play, while iOS users will be directed to the Apple App Store.
2. Register and log in
1) Open the Battery Test app and tap Register on the Log in screen.
2) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration.
3) Log in with your registered email address and password.
3. Pair the BT506
Pair the BT506 with the Battery Test app by scanning the QR code on the back of the tester or via Bluetooth pairing.
4. Install the diagnostic data package
Tap the Update button on the Home screen and install the vehicle diagnostic application.
1. If you already have an existing Autel account, log in with your registered Autel account email and password.
2. If you try to use functions from the main menu without installing the vehicle software from the Update screen, a message will appear on the Home screen reminding you to install the vehicle software first.
3. The recommended pairing process is by scanning the QR code on the back of the BT506.
Autel MaxiBAS BT506 battery Tester Application Buttons
|Tests batteries that are installed in a vehicle.
|Tests batteries that are not installed in a vehicle.
|Accesses battery test results.
|Operation guide for battery chang
|Accesses the Battery reset function.
|Accesses the unit’s diagnostics functions.
Purchase the MaxiVCI V200P to perform Battery change, Battery reset, and the Diagnostics functions. Please see the Upgrade section on page 31 for more information.
Autel MaxiBAS BT506 battery Tester Test Preparation
Inspect the Battery
Before starting a test, inspect the battery for:
- Cracking, buckling or leaking. If you see any of these defects, replace the battery.
- Corroded, loose or damaged cables and connections. Repair or replace as needed.
- Corrosion on the battery terminals, and dirt or acid on the case top. Clean the case and terminals using a wire brush and a mixture of water and baking soda.
Autel MaxiBAS BT506 battery Tester Connecting to a Battery
Press and hold the Lock/Power button to turn on the BT506.
Autel MaxiBAS BT506 battery Tester In-vehicle Test
The in-vehicle test is used for testing batteries that are installed in a vehicle. An in-vehicle test includes the Battery test, Starter test, and Generator test, and determines the health status of the battery, the starter, and the generator, respectively.
1. Before using the diagnostic functions, download the desired vehicle software on the Update screen.
2. A Disclaimer page will appear when accessing any function on the Home screen for the first time. Please read the end user agreement and TAP Accept to continue. If you tap Decline, you will not be able to use the features properly.
Autel MaxiBAS BT506 battery Tester Start the Test
Select In-vehicle test on the Home screen.
1) Home screen — Displays three major functions of the BT506, includingIn-vehicle test, Out-vehicle test, and History. Three other optional functions also display on the screen.
2) Navigation Button — Displays Home screen, Update and Me. The Update allows users to install the vehicle diagnostic application. The Me panel provides information related to the user account, including the Repair Report, Data Logging, BAS Manager, Settings, User Manual, and 508 Upgrade.
Autel MaxiBAS BT506 battery Tester Confirm Vehicle Information
1. The vehicle information will be automatically populated when vehicle communication is established. A Battery Information tab will pop up from the bottom of the screen.
2. Tap the icon on the tab to return to the Vehicle information screen. Tap Battery Location on the bottom left corner of the screen and view the battery location diagram.
3. Find the battery, check the battery information on it and select the correct battery parameters on the screen.
4. Confirm all the items on the Vehicle information screen. Tap the corresponding field to manually input the correct parameters, if needed. Tap Next to continue.
Upper Toolbar Buttons
|Back Returns to the previous screen.
|Returns to the Diagnosis (or Diagnostics)
|Displays the battery connection status. The
number on the icon indicates the real-time
voltage of the tested battery.
On an Android device, a tap on the Battery Connection button will display the BAS Manager screen. On an iOS device, if the tester is not paired, a message will appear to prompt the user to pair the battery tester. No other action or screen will be displayed on the iOS device if already paired with the battery tester.
5. The Clamp Connection Diagram will appear. Follow the instructions to connect the clamp cables and tap Next to continue.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions, check the boxes and tap Start Testing.
7. Wait until the test is completed. The test results will appear as shown below:
Autel MaxiBAS BT506 battery Tester Result Screen
1) Process Buttons
2) Test Report
3) Function Buttons
Tap any of the process buttons to advance to the corresponding test — battery test, starter test or generator test. A status icon will appear on the bottom right corner of the button, indicating the test results.
Autel MaxiBAS BT506 battery Tester Test Results
The battery test results include a color-coded results summary, a list of test data, and repair tips.
|Battery is in good condition.
|Good & Recharge
| Battery is normal at present. The battery should be
|Charge & Retest
|Charge the battery and retest it
|Replace the battery.
|Replace the battery
Autel MaxiBAS BT506 battery Tester Function Buttons
The Function Buttons displayed at the bottom of the screen will vary depending on the operation. The table below provides a brief description of these operations:
|Tap to view the test data and results in report form. Tap Save to save test reports as a PDF document
|Tap to perform the next test
NOTE Please always complete the Battery test before you proceed to the Starter and Generator tests.
MaxiBAS BT506 Starter Test
8. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the test. Start the engine and let it idle. The test results will be displayed as follows:
Starter Test Results
|Starter is good.
|Current Too Low
|Low momentary discharge capacity
|Voltage Too Low
|Low battery storage capacity
|Starter is not detected for starting
Autel MaxiBAS BT506 battery Tester Generator Test
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the test. The test results will be displayed as follows:
Autel MaxiBAS BT506 battery Tester Generator Test Results
|The generator is good.
|Output Too Low
|The belt linking the starter and thegenerator is loose.
The cable linking the starter and battery is loose or corroded.
|Output Too High
|The generator is not properly connected to the ground.
The voltage adjuster is broken and needs replacement.
|Ripple Too Large
|The commutation diode is broken and needs repair or replacing.
|The cable is loose.
Some vehicles with power management systems do not provide a path for charging due to the sufficient load capacity of the battery.
The generator or the voltage adjuster is broken and needs replacing.
Autel MaxiBAS BT506 battery Tester Out-vehicle Test
Out-vehicle test is used to test the condition of batteries that are not connected to a vehicle. This function aims to check the health status of the battery only. The battery types and standards able to be tested are as follows:
Types: FLOODED, AGM, AGM SPIRAL, EFB, and GEL
Standards: CCA, SAE, CA, EN, IEC, DIN, JIS and MCA 5.1 Test Procedure
1. Connect the clamps to the battery terminals.
2. Select the appropriate battery type, rating standard, and capacity. Tap Start Testing to start the test.
3. The test result will be displayed in a few seconds
Autel MaxiBAS BT506 battery Tester Out-vehicle Test Results
Icons are color-coded to indicate status.
|Battery meets required standards
|Good & Recharge
|Battery is good, but low on charge. Fully charge the battery. Check for causes of low charge.
|Charge & Retest
|Retest after charging
|Battery fails to meet industry-accepted standards.
|Battery fails to meet industry-accepted standards
Autel MaxiBAS BT506 battery Tester History
This function stores results of vehicle and battery testing. The information is displayed in list form, offering a summary review of just-tested and previouslytested vehicles and/or batteries.
Autel MaxiBAS BT506 battery Tester Update
The Update function enables users to download and install the vehicle diagnostic application and software updates as they become available. Please log in with your Autel ID and pair the MaxiBAS BT506 device with your account.
The vehicle software (Battery test) is free and permanently valid, you can download it through Update.
Autel MaxiBAS BT506 battery Tester (Me)
In this section, users have access to functions including Repair Reports, Data Logging, BAS Manager, Settings, User Manual, and to the BT508 Upgrade.
To complete registration:
1. Tap the Register button on the Log in screen.
2. Enter your email address. Tap the Verification code button and an email will be sent to your address with your unique verification code.
Enter the verification code and your account password on the registration screen.
3. Tap Register to complete the registration.
Autel MaxiBAS BT506 battery Tester Repair Reports
The Battery Test app can save a history of repair reports from your diagnostic sessions. A PDF can also be generated for the easy viewing, sharing, and printing of these reports.
Autel MaxiBAS BT506 battery Tester Data Logging
The Data Logging option allows you to launch the Autel Support platform directly to view all records on the diagnostic system. The Data Logging option keeps all test records, whether submitted (Feedback) or not submitted (Not Feedback), in addition to a history of your most recent 20 test records (History).
Autel support personnel will receive and process any submitted reports through the Support platform.
Autel MaxiBAS BT506 battery Tester BAS Manager
The BAS Manager displays Bluetooth connection status, and enables users to check current firmware version and update it when available.
1. Bluetooth connection
Users can pair the mobile device with the BT506 tester via Bluetooth. The serial number of the tester will display on the screen. Tap Stop on the top right corner of the screen to stop scanning. If the Bluetooth connection is successful, the status will display as Paired.
2. Firmware upgrade Tap Firmware upgrade to check for available updates. Tap the upgrade notification message to download and install.
Autel MaxiBAS BT506 battery Tester Settings
Select the Settings application to display the settings menu.
Unit English or Metric measurements can be used. By default, Metric is chosen.
Tap English to have the tool display measures in English units.
Reset the tips feature to turn on the on-screen guidance when using the tool.